Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 console home page showing Security Status - Attention needed
|Article:TECH164272|||||Created: 2011-07-10|||||Updated: 2012-07-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164272|
A message is displayed on the Home tab of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 12.1 stating "Security Status - Attention Needed".
- The Security Status Details page shows Download Protection Content failures
- The Download Protection Content signature date show in the report is newer than the threshold for the report (10 days by default)
This issue occurs on SEPMs configured to use the DDMMYY date/time format in Windows.
SEPM issue occurs due to the underlying functionality of the PHP engine used by the SEPM's Reporting component. When a SEPM is configured to use a DDMMYY date/time format, the function used to calculate the age of content encounters an error and the content is considered outdated.
This is a known issue which has been fixed in SEP 12.1 RU1. For more information read the following document: New fixes and features in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Release Update 1
A possible workaround for this issue is to change the date format used by the SEPM for logs and reports. Note: making the below changes will modify all reports and logs displayed in the SEPM to use the MMDDYY format.
To Modify the date format used by the SEPM:
- Log into the SEPM Console
- Click the Preferences link In the Security Status section on the SEPM Home tab
- Select the Logs and Reports tab
- Select MMDDYY from the Date format combo box
- Click the OK button to close the Preferences page
- The changes to these settings may take a few minutes to take effect. You may also refresh the Home page by clicking on the Refresh option on the top right corner.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164272