SharePoint Server 2010 may not work correctly after the recovery of the entire farm
|Article:TECH164280|||||Created: 2011-07-11|||||Updated: 2012-05-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164280|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
SharePoint Server 2010 may not work correctly after the recovery of the entire farm.
The following symptoms are currently observed, but not limited to.
- The root site collection (a.k.a. portal site) or any other web pages cannot open.
- Term Store Management Tool cannot open.
- The manage page of User Profile Service Application cannot open.
- 'I like it' and/or 'Tags and Notes' icons are not displayed on any web pages even if the web page can open.
An unexpected error has occurred.
Backup Exec 2010 R2 or later
Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
To workaround this issue please perform the following steps:
- Open SharePoint 2010 Central Administration and go to System Settings > Manage servers in this farm.
- Make a note of which services are running on which server.
- Stop all services on each servers except the following service.
a) SharePoint Server Search - This service cannot be stopped.
b) Central Administration - This service is needed to use the Central Administration UI.
- Start all services which are noted by step #2 and stopped by step #3 on each servers.
SPS4: Cannot open the portal site after entire farm recovery
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164280