How to deploy clients in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
|Article:TECH164327|||||Created: 2011-07-11|||||Updated: 2011-08-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164327|
User wants to deploy clients once the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 12.1 install is complete.
1. In the console, click Home.
2. On the Home page, in the Common Tasks menu, select Install protection, client to computers.
The Client Deployment wizard starts.
3. In the Welcome to the Client Deployment Wizard pane, select whether a new or an existing package is used and click Next.
4. For a new installation package, select the client version, the feature set, the client group and content options, and then click Next.
5. Click Remote Push, and then click Next.
6. Locate the computers to receive the client software, and then click >> to add the computers to the list.
To browse the network for computers, click Browse Network.
To find computers by IP address or computer name, click Search Network, and then click Find Computers.
Authenticate with the domain or workgroup if prompted.
Note: You can set a timeout value to constrain the amount of time the server applies to a search.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Send to push the client software to the selected computers.
9. Wait while the client software is pushed to the selected computers.
10. Click Finish.
The installation starts automatically on the client computers. The installation takes several minutes to complete.
11. Depending on the client restart settings of the deployed client, you or the computer users may need to restart the client computers.
12. Confirm the status of the deployed clients.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164327