How to disable Application and Device Control on an Unmanaged client
|Article:TECH165012|||||Created: 2011-07-19|||||Updated: 2011-07-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165012|
Need to remove Application and Device Control from an Unmanaged Client
“Autorun has been blocked. Check the control log for more details."
If Application and device control was installed to the unmanaged client it will disable all Autorun functions. This option actually offers an extra layer of security, although the pop up will be observed every time something like a USB storage device is used. In order to access the device the user would have to manually browse to the location.
The only way to disable the Application and Device Control Feature is to uninstall it from the Feature sets
- Go to (Start) and select (Control Panel)
- Select (Uninstall Program) on Vista, Win 7, and 2008 operating systems or (Add/Remove Programs) on older systems.
- Select (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
- Select (Change) a new window will open
- Select (Next)
- Select (Modify) and then (Next)
- Click on the Plus (+) sign next to (Proactive Threat Protection) to expand it
- Click on the arrow icon next to (Application and Device Control)
- From the drop down menu select (Entire feature will be unavailable)
- Select (Next) and follow through with the wizard.
- Reboot the System
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165012