Cannot see Lotus Domino database on selection list when trying to create a Backup job
|Article:TECH165059|||||Created: 2011-07-20|||||Updated: 2011-08-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165059|
When trying to browse Lotus Domino database on new or existing selection list, the databases do not enumerate.
On the Domino server:
- Stop the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems(RAWS) Service
- Rename C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\Logs to Logs.old
- Open the Windows Registry
- Navigate to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino
- Modify the following values:
"Enable Notes Database Filtering" and "Enable Change Journal" to 0.
- Start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems(RAWS) Service
- Browse the Domino server databases to verify functionality.
- Reset the registry values set in step 5 to 1 to maintain original product functionality.
- Restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems(RAWS)
- Browse the Domino server databases again to verify the databases are still seen.
Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue please contact Symantec Backup Exec Support.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165059