How to change the Installed Feature Set on Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1 Clients
|Article:TECH165185|||||Created: 2011-07-21|||||Updated: 2011-08-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165185|
You have installed one or more Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1 clients and would like to change the installed features.
To modify installed features for a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Small Business Edition Client, you must either modify the install on an individual system or re-deploy the client with the desired feature set on multiple systems.
To modify the installed feature set on a single client:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and launch Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the Symantec Endpoint Protection item and click the Change button.
- Enable the Modify option and click Next.
- Select either Standard Protection (this installs all features) or Basic Virus and Spyware Protection (This installs Antivirus and Antispyware Protection only).
- Check Email Scanner if you would like the Email Scanner installed and then click Next.
- Leave Enable Auto-Protect and Run LiveUpdate checked and click Next.
- After the install completes, restart your system to complete the changes.
To modify the installed feature set on multiple clients:
- Log into your Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- From the Home page, find the Common Tasks drop down menu in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the drop down menu and select Install Protection Client to computers.
- The Client Deployment Wizard will appear.
- Select the New Package Deployment option and click Next.
- From the Install Packages drop down, select the version of the software you would like to install on the clients.
- Click the Browse button to choose a group for the clients, or leave it set to the default.
- In the Install Feature Sets drop down, select the features that you would like the clients to have.
- Select on of the available Content Options then click Next.
- Click Remote Push, and then click Next.
- Locate the computers to receive the client software, and then click >> to add the computers to the list. To browse the network for computers, click Browse Network. To find computers by IP address or computer name, click Search Network, and then click Find Computers. Authenticate with the domain or workgroup if prompted. Note: You can set a timeout value to constrain the amount of time the server applies to a search. Click Next.
- Click Send to push the client software to the selected computers. Wait while the client software is pushed to the selected computers.
- Click Finish. This means that the Manager's work is done, but the installation has started on the client and is most likely still running on the client computers. The installation takes several minutes to complete. Depending on the client restart settings of the deployed client, you or the computer users may need to restart the client computers.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165185