How to: Change the From address that is used with enrollment email and daily status email
|Article:TECH165598|||||Created: 2011-07-26|||||Updated: 2011-07-26|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165598|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The 'From' address for both the enrollment and daily status emails is set to firstname.lastname@example.org or in some occasions the 'From' address field is entirely blank.
This is a known issue with PGP Universal server versions 2.x and 3.x and was not completely configurable until 3.1 Service Pack 1.
Beginning with 3.1 Service Pack 1, the ‘From’ address for both the Enrollment email and Daily status email can be customized. There are specific entries that need to be added to specific preference files to make these changes possible.
To change the ‘From’ address for the Enrollment email:
1. Via ssh, open /etc/ovid/prefs.xml using your favorite Linux text editor.
2. In that file, inside the <Boomerang> tag but not inside the <service-info> tag, add the following entry:
3. Populate the tag with the desired email address.
4. Save and exit the file.
5. Restart the necessary service to implement the change by running the following command: pgpsysconf –restart pgpuniversal
* After this service has been restarted, the enrollment emails will be sent from the email address specified in step 3.
To change the ‘From’ address for the Daily Status email:
1. Via ssh, open /etc/ovid/omf.properties using your favorite Linux text editor.
2. At the bottom of the file, add the entry below to change the local portion of the email address. For example, if the desired change is going to be email@example.com, add :
3. To change the domain portion of the email, enter the following line:
4. Save and quit the file
5. Restart the necessary service to implement the change by running the following command: pgpsysconf –restart tomcat
* After this service has been restarted, the Daily Status emails will be sent from the email address specified in steps 2 and 3.
* Please note that this functionality is not included in the general release of 3.1.0 and 3.1.2, but is included in service packs since 3.1.0 SP1. PGP is currently working on including this functionality in the next general release. If you need the service pack, please contact PGP support.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165598