How to manually add white list in Symantec Encryption Device Control
|Article:TECH165692|||||Created: 2011-07-27|||||Updated: 2012-12-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165692|
Configure white list
1. Login to the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Console
2. In the Home tab, open the policy which you want to modify
3. Once you configure the Port Control go to Device Control and on the right hand side click on White List
Note : The White List tab is divided into two areas:
Approved Models: This option refers to the model of a specific device type, such as a specific model of HP printers, for example, LaserJet 4050N.
Approved Distinct Devices: This option refers to distinct devices with a unique serial number, meaning an actual specific device. This option may be appropriate, for example, when the CEO’s personal printer is permitted to
connect, while other printing devices are not.
Use both these areas to add approved device groups.
4. Click on "New"
5. Add the Name and Description of the device that you are planning to White list
6. Click on Add Device(s) Manually
7. Select the Port, Device Description, Vendor and Model and click Ok.
Note : You may run the Auditor tool to collect the Vendor and Model number of the device that you want to add in White list
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165692