Where to Find a Whole Disk Recovery Token (WDRT) on Symantec Encryption Management Server
|Article:TECH165813|||||Created: 2011-07-28|||||Updated: 2013-11-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165813|
When a user forgets their passphrase and needs a Whole Disk Recovery Token (WDRT), where is the WDRT located on Symantec Encryption Management Server (previously PGP Universal Server)?
To locate the WDRT for a user, use the following steps:
- Log into the Symantec Encryption Management Server Administrative interface.
- Go to Consumers > Devices.
- Click on the machine name for which you need to retrieve the WDRT.
- In the Recovery column, an icon with a red cross is displayed indicating that a WDRT is available.
- Expand Disk Encryption.
- Click in the Disk ID which matches the disk in which you need to use the WDRT.
- Click the button View WDRT.
Note: Displaying a Whole Disk Recovery Token is a one-time event and the event will be logged. After using the WDRT a new one will be generated for the disk.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165813