How to change a service account password in Control Compliance Suite (CCS)
|Article:TECH166200|||||Created: 2011-08-02|||||Updated: 2011-08-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166200|
All CCS services are set up to run under specific service accounts that are specified during the installation. What is the procedure for changing the password for a CCS service account?
Some policies require users to change passwords periodically, e.g. every 90 or 180 days.
Please use the following steps to change a CCS service account password:
- Make sure user has CCS console open and available
- Reset the service account password in Active Directory (AD)
- In the CCS console, go to Settings > Secure Configuration > AppServer Credentials
- Type the password that authenticates the specified user account
- Click Update Password to save
- Restart or logoff the Application Server (to make new password effective)
- Reset all service account passwords from Services Manager (services.msc)
- Restart all CCS services
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166200