Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) 9.5 is unable to integrate with Symantec Protection Center (SPC) 2.0
|Article:TECH166455|||||Created: 2011-08-04|||||Updated: 2012-02-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166455|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
SMG 9.5 cannot register with SPC 2.0 when SMG's certificate is signed by a third party Certification Authority (CA) that is not in SPC's certificate trust store.
SMG 9.5.1 integrattion with SPC 2.x fails, SPC console shows an error:
Supported Product could not be enabled.
Protection Center or the supported product host does not have a valid certificate. Check the Protection Center and host certificates being used.
Install a 3rd party CA Certificate to the certificate trust store in Protection Center 2.x.
To install a certificate to SPC:
- Copy the Certificate(s) that you would like to install to an ISO, FLP or USB Drive
- Download either the SPC_InstallCertificate.zip or SPC_InstallCertificate.ISO (attached below) - This should be copied to the volume you created in step 1
- Mount the ISO/FLP/USB volume to the SPC Appliance.
- Login to the SPC Appliance Physical or Virtual console using the SPC_Admin credentials
- Click on the Install Protection Center Update link on the Protection Center Control Panel
- Browse & Run InstallCertificate.zip
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install a certificate
- You can either type in a path to the certificate (available locally to the SPC appliance) or Search a file-system for Certificates (to search the directory where the script is running), Pick a certificate when found then Click the Import Button.
- You will be presented with a success or failure message depending on the situation.
- Close all open programs on the SPC appliance.
- Contact support if additional assistance is needed.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166455