Symantec pcAnywhere 12.5 build 486 SP3 standalone installer.
|Article:TECH167734|||||Created: 2011-08-22|||||Updated: 2011-11-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167734|
Symantec pcAnywhere 12.5 SP3 (Build 486) is the latest available build. pcAnywhere 12.5 SP3 (Build 486) is to be applied to a machine with pcAnywhere 12.5 sp2 (Build 463) already installed.
If you have Symantec pcAnywhere 12.5 SP2 (Build 463) installed on Windows 7, run LiveUpdate to update to the latest build of Symantec pcAnywhere. SP3 can be downloaded directly from below.
if you are not already updated to 12.5 SP2 see the following article.
How to run live update from with in pcAnywhere
1. Open the full pcAnywhere program.
2. Navigate to the Help menu then About Symantec pcAnywhere
3. Confirm what the current version and build number, Click OK
4. Navigate to the Help menu then LiveUpdate...
5. From with in the Live update window click Start
6. Click OK when done
Once live update is complete you may be prompted to reboot. If prompted please reboot as soon as possible after the reboot is completed perform the above steps again until there are no updates available.
If pcAnywher was installed on windows 7 or 2008 it is possible that the live update components are not installed yet. Live update can be secured by following the instructions below.
Download and install LiveUpdate
1. Depending on the version of Windows, download the LiveUpdate setup file. Save the file on the Windows desktop.
2. Double-click the LUSETUP.EXE file that you downloaded to your desktop. If a security warning appears, click Run.
3. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation.
4. LiveUpdate can now be run to update your installed Symantec software.
5. Depending on the version of pcAnywhere that was installed Live update may need to be ran multiple times to secure the latest updates.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167734