0xc000000f The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
|Article:TECH167777|||||Created: 2011-08-23|||||Updated: 2012-07-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167777|
When PXE booting a client machine to WinPE, the following error shows on the client screen:
0xc000000f: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
DS 6.9 SP5 on a Windows 2003 SRV
PXE service is located on this machine.
1. Check TFTP and DHCP part of the environment.
- TFTP service is active and responding. ( possible test: C:\TFTP.exe -i <ServerIP> GET BStrap\x86pc\BStrap.0 C:\TEXT.txt)
- DHCP options 66 and 67 are set.
2. Check location and size of bstrap.0 file
3. Re-create WinPE boot image after Anti Virus is disabled
4. Select MAC Address as well as one other key for Primary lookup keys.
(Deployment Server Tools pull down menu --> Options --> Global tab --> Primary lookup key)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167777