After migration to 11.0 RU7 clients are not updating or connecting - Sylink.log 500 internal server error
|Article:TECH168828|||||Created: 2011-09-04|||||Updated: 2012-03-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168828|
After migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.0 RU7 clients are not updating virus definitions and are not connected to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
08/23 10:42:21 [944:2556] Get CPU counter failed. Error code: 0x800007d6
XP SP3: upgrade SEPM from RU5 to RU7;
Newly installed SEP RU7 client.
The secars permissions on IIS 5.1 (XP) is wrong.
Change the secar permission as all actions:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services(IIS) Manager
- Web Sites > Symantec Web Server
- Right click Secars and select Properties.
- On Virtual Directory tab, under Application Settings click on Configuration.
- On Mapping tab, under Application Mappings click on Edit and change action to All Verbs.
- Click Apply and Ok on each window.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168828