Where to permanently set Remote Agent Installer settings
|Article:TECH170249|||||Created: 2011-09-23|||||Updated: 2012-07-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170249|
When going through the Remote Agent Installer, after changing the default agent settings, agents will receive the settings, but the next time the Remote Agent Installer is used all the settings in the Remote Agent Installer are reset to what they were before.
Where are the Remote Agent Installer settings kept to permanently change them?
DS 6.9 SP3 and later
This is working as designed, however it is possible to permanently change these settings.
To permanently change the Remote Agent Installer settings:
- Edit the registry - start > run > regedit.exe
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altiris\Remote Client Installer\Settings\Client Settings
- The Remote Agent Installer wizard settings can be changed at HKCU\Software\Altiris\Remote Client Installer\Settings
- Find the setting to be changed, and modify it.
- Close the registry, next time the Remote Agent Installer is launched the settings changed will be present.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170249