Hardware status shows as 'Unknown' after upgrading to Messaging Gateway 9.5.2
|Article:TECH170919|||||Created: 2011-09-30|||||Updated: 2011-11-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170919|
After upgrading your Brightmail Gateway 8200 series appliance to version 9.5.2, your hardware status shows as Unknown for all of the items or other hardware alerts occur like RAID alerts.
Brightmail Gateway 8220, 8240, or 8260 appliance
The Messaging Gateway software 9.5.2 was not certified on 8200 appliance series. Due to the age of those devices, they are outside of any warranty as per our hardware support policy: http://go.symantec.com/appliance_hw_support
You can update to Symantec Messaging Gateway 9.5.2 on any of the following platforms:
- All supported hardware versions, including the Symantec Mail Security 8300 Series and Symantec Brightmail 8300 Series.
- VMware ESX or ESXi 3.5 - 4.1
- vSphere 4.0 or 4.1
from release notes:
You have the following options:
- OSRestore to 9.5.1 and apply the backup you made before upgrading.
- Migrate the Messaging Gateway to a virtual environment running on VMWare's ESXi 3.5 or vSphere 4.x
- Purchase a new Messaging Gateway appliance
- Ignore the hardware warnings and turn off any alerts you have configured
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170919