Backup of a Japanese Hyper-V Virtual Machine to a deduplication folder fails with an error
|Article:TECH171091|||||Created: 2011-10-04|||||Updated: 2013-03-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171091|
During the backup of a Hyper-V Virtual Machine that has Japanese path or VHD file name with the enabled GRT, the job fails with the following error:
Final error: 0xe0001686 - Access is denied (Hyper-V restore).
Final error category: Security Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-5766
This problem is caused by the underlying deduplication software when trying to access to the Hyper-V information for GRT during the backup. This only occurs when using GRT to back up the Virtual Machine.
This problem has been resolved by the following steps.
1. Upgrade a media server to Backup Exec 2010 R3.
2. Download and apply Service Pack 1. (See Related Articles below.)
3. Download and apply Hotfix 159965. (See Related Articles below.)
4. Download an attached PARAM.TXT and rename it to PARAM.REG. Double-click PARAM.REG and push OK button on popup messages. (See Attachements below.)
5. Reboot the media server.
6. Push-install Remote Agent to remote servers from the media server.
AVVI: Backup of JPN VM to PDDE fails with Error mounting disks: Unknown error
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171091