What's new in LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x
|Article:TECH171578|||||Created: 2011-10-11|||||Updated: 2012-09-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171578|
What changes, updates or fixes were added to the latest version of LiveUpdate Administrator (LUA) 2.x?
188.8.131.52 was the first 2.3 release. This release contained the following enhancements/optimizations:
- LUA configuration information can be exported to a configuration recovery file
- LUA settings and configurations can be restored in the event of LUA server failure, or can be used as a prototype for multiple LUA servers
- Failed download attempts now resume/retry
- Event driven email notification to notify user(s) in case of download/distribution failures
- Ability to auto-start a distribution task after a specified download task
- Automatic LUA database maintenance
- Partially completed download and distribution tasks now show an accurate percentage of completion via the activity monitor
- Fast access to Symantec’s LUA best practice recommendations provided via the install wizard and program menu
- Improved load times for the LUA console home page and event log
- The LUA web server service will now automatically restart if it ever crashes or terminates unexpectedly.
- LUA will now automatically install and utilise an optimised private Java Runtime Environment (version 1.6 update 27).
- It is now possible for LUA to automatically run multiple specified distribution tasks after a specified download task completes.
- New quick link added to the user interface which allows customers to quickly and easily capture all LUA related troubleshooting information and data.
- New quick links added to the user interface: How to configure a Remote Distribution Center (Article and Video), Product Selection Guide.
- LUA now installs and utilises Apache Tomcat version 7.0.21 and PostgreSQL version 9.0.4.
- Added ability for LUA to automatically send email notification on successful completion of a task (as well as failure of a task).
- LUA will now automatically send an email notification when disk space is running low on the drive to which LUA is installed.
- Email notification appearance has been enhanced (now HTML based).
- Security within the user interface has been enhanced to ensure protection from specific potential attack scenarios.
- LUA will now periodically send anonymous product information to Symantec (can be disabled if required).
- Packaged with Apache Tomcat version 7.0.26 and PostgreSQL version 9.1.3.
- Packaged with JRE 1.7 (private JRE, automatically bundled, installed and configured by the LUA installer).
- Enhanced security with advanced features to protect the User Interface from certain attacks.
- Added the ability to modify the LUA download directory path at any time (not just at install time).
- Product Catalog will now automatically update to ensure catalog changes become available without any user initiated action being required.
- Daylight savings time changes will now be correctly handled for scheduled tasks.
- Email notifications can be sent whenever a new LUA version is available, relevant catalog changes occur and as an early warning in advance of large monthly content downloads.
- Enhanced content purging to ensure it works reliably, even if an external 3rd party source (e.g. robocopy) is also accessing the content.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171578