Sharing Deduplication folder between CASO and MMS server does not show the Deduplication folder shared after upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 R3.
|Article:TECH171936|||||Created: 2011-10-17|||||Updated: 2012-09-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171936|
Sharing MMS deduplication folder with CASO does not show it shared on CASO server's devices tab after upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 R3.
MMS deduplication folder does not get shared with CASO deduplication folder
After upgrading an existing CASO-MMS setup to Backup Exec 2010 R3, the Logon account used to create Deduplication folder on MMS is displayed "blank".
1. On MMS server => Devices Tab => Right click on Deduplication folder and select properties
2. Click the "browse" icon next to Logon account and if the account is already present, select the same and click OK
(Note:- With Backup Exec 2010 R3, you cannot use System Logon Account as the Deduplication account)
3. If the account is not present, create it in Domain\username format (Make sure to use the same account which was used to Create Deduplication folder initially)
4. On the Deduplication folder's sharing tab, confirm that sharing is enabled with CASO's deduplication folder
5. Restart all Backup Exec services
6. On CASO server => Devices Tab => Right click on Deduplication folder under MMS server and select properties
7. Repeat steps 2 through 5
8. Confirm that Deduplication folder is now shared.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171936