SEPM 12.1 Error on Home and Reports page: "This program cannot display the webpage" Windows 7
|Article:TECH172264|||||Created: 2011-10-20|||||Updated: 2012-07-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172264|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
SEPM (Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager) 12.1 displays an error message on Home and Reports pages: "This program cannot display the webpage"
This program cannot display the webpage
Most likely causes:
- The SEPM system cannot connect to network/Data Base.
- The website is encountering problems.
- There might be a typing error in the address.
Things to check to correct:
- Check the SEPM's network connection.
- Try visiting another website to make sure network connectivity is correct.
- Retype the address.
- Go back to the previous page.
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
Network connectivity has been lost.
- The website is temporarily unavailable.
- The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
- The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 11.x or 12.1
Localhost is not added to trusted sites in Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools -> Internet Options
3. Click on the Security Tab
4. Click on Trusted Sites -> Sites
5. Write "localhost" to "Add this website to the zone", deselect "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" and click "Add"
6. Click Close, Click Ok
7. Close and open SEPM
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172264