Exporting query results throws exception "Unable to open the record-set from result-set database."
|Article:TECH172415|||||Created: 2011-10-21|||||Updated: 2012-05-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172415|
Crystal report is upgraded to version 2008 and needs ADODB.dll to be installed on RMS machines.
Unable to open the record-set from result-set database
- Download ADODB.dll (you can download whole package from the below link, and you need to extract ADODB.dll from the package by double clicking it).
- Copy the ADODB.dll on to you RMS Console machine and you can put it anywhere you want.
- Register Adodb.dll in the GAC:
- Locate the gacutil.exe file (usually found in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 or C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 )
- Click Start and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type the following command, <folder_path_to_utility>gacutil /i <folder_path>\adodb.dll
*Note: Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328912 for more information on how to download adodb.dll
*Note 2: If you cannot find gacutil.exe in both folders mentioned in step 3.a, you need to download and install .net Framework SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19988
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172415