System Requirements for LiveUpdate Administrator 2.3 (LUA 2.3)
|Article:TECH173272|||||Created: 2011-10-31|||||Updated: 2013-03-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173272|
What are the System Requirements for installing LiveUpdate Administrator 2.3.x?
The installer package for LUA 2.3.2 is approximately 147 MB. This includes the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that is required for the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator to function.
The system requirements for all releases of Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator 2.3 are as follows:
- Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server with Service Pack 4 or higher
- Windows 2003 Server or Advanced Server with Service Pack 2 or higher
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server
- Java™ Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 (32bit). 64bit Java not supported on any OS.
- Internet Explorer 6.0, Internet Explorer 7.0, Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 3.0/3.1
- TCP/IP network protocol
- 200 MB hard disk space for the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator, the JRE, and third-party tools.
- 10 GB hard disk space for the Manage Updates folder and for the temporary download folder, \TempDownload. Updates are copied to the TempDownload folder prior to their distribution.
- 3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 CPU or equivalent.
- 1 GB of RAM minimum (2 GB of RAM recommended).
|Additional information on space requirements can be found in the Connect articles Managing LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x Space Usage and How Big are Current Symantec Endpoint Protection Definitions?|
Note: Windows XP 64-bit Edition is not supported
Symantec recommends using either IIS or Apache Server for hosting the distribution center locations. Please refer to the operating system's documentation for additional information.
To install the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator, the user must log on as a power user with Administrator privileges. The logged on user must be able to create new local users, and to create new services.
By default, the following ports are used by the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator.
- 7070 - Used by the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator.
- 7071 - Used by Tomcat for shutdown commands. While the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator will work if this port is closed, Tomcat shutdown operations will not.
- 7072 - Used by PostgreSQL database.
If these ports are being used by other applications when installing the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator, the installer will prompt for alternate port numbers that the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator can use.
If a firewall is enabled for IP packets sent from the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator system, destination IP ports such as HTTP (80), HTTPS(443), and FTP(21), should be allowed for communication.
The Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator communicates with the Distribution Centers using these ports.
Problems may occur while using a Terminal Service for installation. Install the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator directly from the console.
Note: Ensure that MSVCR71.DLL is in the C:\Windows\system32 folder. Copy this file from C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_0X\bin if it is not present.
The Tomcat service may not load if this file is not present in the system32 folder.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173272