Remote Windows Machines do not appear in the backup selection list after AWS is push-installed
|Article:TECH173490|||||Created: 2011-11-02|||||Updated: 2015-02-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173490|
Remote Windows Machines do not appear in the backup selection list on the Managed Backup Exec Server (i.e. MBES, previously called a Media Server in prior Backup Exec Versions) after the Agent for Windows Servers (AWS, previously called the Remote Agent for Windows Servers inprior Backup Exec Versions) has been pushed installed to those remote machines.
The services on the Managed Backup Exec Server (MBES) did not start in time to establish a trust relationship with the computer on which the Agent for Windows Servers was installed.
After restarting the computer on which the Agent for Windows is installed, follow the following steps on the Managed Backup Exec Server to manually add the Agent for Windows Server to the list of servers in the backup selection list:
1. On the Backup and Restore tab, in the Servers group, click Add.
2. On the Add a Server dialog box, select the type of server to add, and then click Next.
3. Check the Allow Backup Exec to establish a trust with the servers check box, and then click Next.
4. Enter the server's name or IP address, and then click Next.
5. Select the logon account to use to connect to the server, and then click Next.
6. Select any additional options to use, and then click Install.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173490