Microsoft Office Communications Service (OCS) R2 Outage When IM Manager Unable to Roll Over Log Files
|Article:TECH173492|||||Created: 2011-11-02|||||Updated: 2011-11-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173492|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Users are unable to receive or send OCS messages.
- The Windows Application Event Log contains the following error message sequence:
Log Name: Application
Source: LC Filter Service
Date: 11/2/2011 4:47:22 AM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Exception occurred during Rollover for E:\RTCFilterServiceNet.log. This may be due to one of the logfiles being locked by some other process or because the path is not accessible. MaxLogFileSize has been incremented to 20971520 and the service will continue logging to the existing file till service restarts.
Exception is :
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
- IM Manager integrated with Microsoft Office Communications Service (OCS) R2
The LC Filter service is unable to roll over its log file and fails. When the LC Filter Service is unavailable the LC Logging Service blocks messages.
Symantec is aware of this issue. This article is updated as more information is available. Subscribe to this article to receive updates.
- Restart the LC Filter Service to restore service.
- Ensure that the LC Filter Service is configure to restart automatically.
- Configure a process monitoring tool such as Microsoft Operations Manager to restart the LC Filter Service if it is not restarted.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173492