Helpdesk Solution - Altiris Worker Console Continues to Log in as different user
|Article:TECH17439|||||Created: 2006-08-28|||||Updated: 2010-04-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17439|
There is an instance where a worker logs onto a machine using the username "User."
When running Internet Explorer and navigating to the URL http://servicedesk/aexhd/worker, the worker details for "AdminUser" displays after the login.
Why is the worker console loading for a user that is not logged into the computer?
Helpdesk 6.0 (possible with all builds)
Unknown at this time.
Although the cause is unknown, resolve the issue by following these steps:
1. Log into the machine using the users login. .
2. Launch Internet Explorer.
3. Select Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level.
4. Select logon in the User Authentication section.
5. Change the option to "Prompt for user name and password."
6. Clear all cache and close all instances of the browser.
7. Open a new browser window, enter the Helpdesk URL.
The user will be prompted to enter their credentials.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17439