Error "Unable to verify BasisMobile Framework License" or "Unable to verify license" occurs in the Symantec Barcode Console Application
|Article:TECH174884|||||Created: 2011-11-19|||||Updated: 2013-05-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174884|
The "Symantec Barcode Console Application" page located under Home > Service and Asset Management > Barcode > Barcode Solution> Scanning. Fails to load with a license error.
“Unable to verify BasisMobile Framework License” or "Unable to verify license".
Internet Explorer settings are not allowing the required functionality when the site is not listed in the trusted sites, and/or, the logged in user has insufficient permissions to access the resources found on the synchronization profile's Permissions tab.
Depending on the cause, this issue has two possible solutions, both of which may be applicable:
User does not have sufficient permissions
- In a Symantec Management Platform Console, click on the Settings button > Security > Account Management.
- Click on the user account being used for the barcode user.
- Click on the Member Of tab.
- Having the user only in Barcode Users and Everyone groups is insufficient to enable permissions for assets. The purpose of a user in just these two roles is to only enable them to scan in new assets with a handheld device and upload them to the server afterwards. They cannot perform a download or full synchronization. To enable the user to have more permissions, click on the Add Role button and add CMDB Managers to the user's roles.
- When finished, click on the "Save changes" button. If the user is already logged into a handheld device as the user, log out then back in. The new permissions then apply, and the user can then fully sync assets.
Internet Explorer does not have permission to access the Altiris server (Symantec Barcode Console Application only)
- In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu > Internet Options.
- Select the Security Tab then the Trusted Sites green check icon.
- Click the Sites button and add the URL for the Altiris server. If an IP address is used that will need to be added as well.
- Save the settings, close IE, then retry reproducing the issue.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174884