KNOWN ISSUE: Text for ShutdownOption in the RadioButton table is too long
|Article:TECH17492|||||Created: 2006-08-28|||||Updated: 2008-07-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17492|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When performing an ICE validation check, an ICE03 warning is displayed that the Text field for the two ShutdownOption entries in the RadioButton table are longer than the maximum size defined for the table.
Wise Package Studio 18.104.22.1680, 7 SP1
The Text column of the RadioButton table has a maximum size of 64 characters. The default text in this field for the two ShutdownOption entries exceeds this limitation.
Perform the following steps to fix this ICE03 error. These changes should be made to the Windows Application template in addition to any currently existing .WSIs created with Wise Package Studio 7.x.
- Open the .wsi that exhibits this ICE03 error in Windows Installer Editor. If you want to make the changes in the Windows Application template, it can be found in the <wise share point>\Templates directory.
- Go to Setup Editor > Product > Properties.
- Right-click and select New > Property.
- In the Name field enter [ShutDownOption1Text].
- In the Value field enter Automatically close all applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete. This is the text from the RadioButton table for the ShutdownOption entry whose value is 1.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to create a property named ShutDownOption2Text with a value of "Do not close applications. (A reboot will be required.)" This is the text from the RadioButton table for the ShutdownOption whose value is 2.
- Go to Setup Editor > Tables > RadioButton table.
- For the entry where the Property is ShutdownOption and the Value is 1, modify the Text column to be as follows:
- For the entry where the Property is ShutdownOption and the Value is 2, modify the Text colum to be as follows:
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17492