How to find the log files that are generated by IIS, when troubleshooting issues with the Control Compliance Suite Web Console
|Article:TECH174950|||||Created: 2011-11-21|||||Updated: 2012-08-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174950|
How to find the log files that are generated by IIS, when troubleshooting issues with the Control Compliance Suite (CCS) Web Console.
By default the IIS log files are stored at the following location:
IIS 7 : %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles
IIS 6 : %windir%\System32\LogFiles
It is possible that the Server Administrator may have changed the log file location. To determine where your IIS 6.0 log files are stored, please perform the following steps on your server:
- Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Administrative Tools
- Select Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Find your Web site under the tree on the left.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- On the Web site tab, you will see an option near the bottom that says "Active Log Format." Click on the Properties button.
- At the bottom of the General Properties tab, you will see a box that contains the log file directory and the log file name.(The full log path is comprised of the log file directory plus the first part of the log file name.)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174950