PGP Whole Disk Encryption Process Pauses or Stops
|Article:TECH175378|||||Created: 2011-11-24|||||Updated: 2013-04-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175378|
The PGP Whole Disk Encryption process pauses and doesn't resume from the PGP Desktop interface.
Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
There could be several other reasons to pause the encryption but most commonly seen cause is default power policy in all laptops. This policy setting controls laptop hibernate and standby modes in inactivity condition which leads to interruption of disk encryption process. Always make sure to set power policy to never before starting the encryption/decryption process.
If the encryption process doesn't resume from the PGP desktop interface.Try the following steps:-
- Open the command line interface and go to :
- C:\Program Files\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\ (for 32 bit)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\ (for 64 bit)
- Run the command PGPWDE --disk 0 --stop -p <passphrase> and press Enter.
- Then type PGPWDE --disk 0 --resume -p <passphrase> and press Enter.
This should start the encryption process on the PGP desktop interface which was stopped previously.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175378