KNOWN ISSUE: Clients requiring Application Metering collection are not accurate
|Article:TECH17562|||||Created: 2006-08-28|||||Updated: 2008-07-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17562|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The query for the "Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade" collection is not accurate. The query uses the OS name to determine the OS type. The collection is supposed to exclude all Windows Server computers (the information icon for this collection states this). However, the query includes Windows 2000 Server computers since OS name is Windows 2000, but the OS type is server. Windows 2000 server computers are deployed the Application Metering agent when they should not.
Location of Collection: Configuration > Solution Settings > Application Metering > Application Metering Agent Rollout > Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade.
Application Metering Solution 6.x
You can edit the SQL query used by default collection to take into account Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000 Advance Server
To edit the "Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade" collection follow these steps below:
- Browse to Configuration > Solution Settings > Software Management > Application Metering > Application Metering Agent Rollout.
- Right-click Clients Requiring Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade.
- Select Clone.
- Change the name of the cloned collection if you chose to, otherwise click OK.
- The newly created collection will now appear in the navigation pane on the left.
- Click the pencil icon in the middle toolbar.
- Paste in the following SQL query in the query box:
select Guid from vResource where
SELECT distinct r.Guid
FROM vComputer r
WHERE r.Guid IN
-- Resources with AM Agent older then the current build, but also with a new 6.0 version of the Altiris Agent installed
(SELECT CA1.[_ResourceGuid] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Client_Agent CA1
WHERE (CA1.[Agent Name] = 'Application Metering' AND (CA1.[Product Version] != '6.1.31' OR CA1.[Build Number] != '31'))
OR (CA1.[Agent Name] = 'Altiris Agent')
GROUP BY CA1.[_ResourceGuid]
HAVING COUNT(DISTINCT CA1.[Agent Name]) > 1)
-- Resources without AM Agent installed, with 6.0 Altiris Agent and not a server machine
(SELECT distinct c.[_ResourceGuid] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Client_Agent c
inner join Inv_AeX_AC_Identification a
on c._resourceguid = a._resourceguid
where c.[_ResourceGuid] not in
(SELECT CA2.[_ResourceGuid] FROM Inv_AeX_AC_Client_Agent CA2 WHERE CA2.[Agent Name] = 'Application Metering')
AND [Agent Name] = 'Altiris Agent'
AND isnull(r.[OS Name],'Professional') not like '%Edition%'
AND isnull(r.[OS Name],'Professional') not like '%Server%'
and isnull(a.[OS Type],'Professional') not like '%Server%'
and isnull(a.[OS Type],'Professional') not like '%Enterprise%')
AND LOWER(r.[System Type]) like lower('%win32%')
- Click Apply.
- Browse to Configuration > Solution Settings > Software Management > Application Metering > Application Metering Agent Rollout > Win32 Application Metering Agent Install/Upgrade.
- Select Enable.
- In the Applies to collections section, click the pencil icon.
- The Collection Selector window will appear. Under the System folder, mark the check box next to collection created in step 4 above.
- Click Apply.
Now the Application Metering Agent will install to clients are not of OS Type "Server" or have OS Name "Server." This query has been modified to work with Application Metering 6.1 SP2.
|Description||Logged in Littlebuggy (Altiris - Lindon, Plymouth) database|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17562