Error "Requested registry access is not allowed." when opening then SWC Admin Console.
|Article:TECH175698|||||Created: 2011-11-29|||||Updated: 2012-01-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175698|
Unable to access the SWC Admin Console.
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.
Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.
Symantec Workspace Corporate 6.2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2
The error occurs when the SWCS Application Pool Identity doesn't have permission to read the following registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Workspace Corporate\Server.
Confirm the account under which the SWCS Application Pool runs using IIS Manager.
- In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, expand Application Pools, right-click the SWCS application pool, and then click Properties.
- Click the Identity tab to confirm the account (by default the Network Service account is set).
Confirm the SWCS Application Pool Identity has permissions to access the SWC registry keys.
- In Registry Editor, expand the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Workspace Corporate, right-click the Server subkey, and then click Permissions.
- On the Security tab, click Advanced, then click on the Effective Permissions tab.
- Click Select, enter the account name previously identified, and confirm it has permission to read.
- If the account doesn't have permissions, manually add it with read permission.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175698