In ServiceDesk and Workflow, Email Templates are stored within the routing rules and do not update when templates are changed.
|Article:TECH175731|||||Created: 2011-11-29|||||Updated: 2011-12-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175731|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
The following actions generate the problem:
- In the Routing Rules UI, create an email template.
- Create a routing rule to send an email message, using the new template.
- Update the template by changing the subject, body, and other fields.
- Trigger the action to run the rule.
You expect the new email template to be sent.
The old template is sent.
Workflow 7.1 SP2 and ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2
The template is stored with the rule and must be refreshed manually. When you use the Send Email action to create routing rules, you must resave the rule to save changes to the email template.
To update an email template for existing routing rules
- Open and update the email template as desired.
- Open and edit the routing rule that uses the updated template.
- Resave the rule.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175731