Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange 10.0.0, Build 1316, Hotfix needed to support 10.0.1 and later Outlook Add-in
|Article:TECH175942|||||Created: 2011-12-01|||||Updated: 2012-11-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175942|
This hotfix can only be applied to the following versions of Enterprise Vault :
Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 10.0.0, Build 1316
What issue(s) does this hotfix resolve?
A server side hotfix is needed in order to support connectivity from the Enterprise Vault 10.0.1 and later Outlook Add-in.
Note: The new client add-in can be used with an unpatched server but the client will not be able to offer some full client features such as viewing folder properties etc. if this hotfix has not been applied.
Which files does this hotfix replace?
|File Name||File Version|
How to Install this hotfix:
1. Locate your Enterprise Vault installation directory (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault)
2. Copy DesktopClientSettings.aspx to the 'WebApp' subdirectory.
3. Copy DesktopWeb.dll to the 'WebApp\bin' subdirectory.
How to Uninstall this hotfix:
1. Remove DesktopClientSettings.aspx from the 'WebApp' subdirectory.
2. Remove DesktopWeb.dll from the 'WebApp\bin' subdirectory.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175942