ServiceDesk is unable to send Warn or Late notifications to assignees and the errors in the logs are thrown that Mailbox is unavailable
|Article:TECH176910|||||Created: 2011-12-14|||||Updated: 2012-05-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH176910|
It is expected in ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2 that email notification must be sent to assignee when SLA reaches Warn or Late state but it does not happen, although the there is an email sent to notify user on assignment when incident gets auto-escalated. There are errors thrown in the logs saying that emails could not be sent.
Error,Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:24:33 PM,IM-000005 At Component: Send Email to assignees Error Message: We are unable to send your email, please make sure your email credentials specified correctly. Mail server address: localhost:25 Exception message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay Stack Trace: System.Exception: We are unable to send your email, please make sure your email credentials specified correctly. Mail server address: localhost:25 Exception message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay at LogicBase.Components.Default.Communication.SendEmailComponent.Run(IData data) at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.SinglePathProcessComponentExecutionDelegate.Execute(IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp, String& outputPath, IExecutionEngine engine, TLExecutionContext context) at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.AbstractExecutionEngine.RunComponent(TLExecutionContext context, IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp)
ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2
Send Email to assignees component has SMTP server set to localhost.
1.Open SD.IncidentManagement project;
2. Go to Initial Diagnosis model;
3. Double-click Initial Diagnosis dialog workflow and go to Event Configuration tab;
4. Highlight Incident.SLA.Warndate Date Variable and click Edit;
5. Click the elipses nect to the Decision Model field
6. Double-click Send Email to assignees component to edit that;
7. Go to Email Settings tab and click the ellipsis for SMTP Server Name which is by default set to localhost;
8. Change it to Process variable and configure it to use [[ProfileProperties].service_desk_settings_smtpmail_server] variable
9. Click OK until you get back to Event Configuration tab;
10.Follow the steps 4 - 9 for Date Variables Incident.SLA.CurrentSLALevelWarnDate, Incident.SLA.LateDate and Incident.SLA.CurrentSLALevelLateDate as well;
11. Click OK to exit Initial Diagnosis edit mode and publish the project.
ServiceDesk is unable to send SLA Warn or Late notifications due to SMTP server being hardcoded to localhost.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH176910