Where to (How to) configure the client Restart Settings in SEP 12.1 - options available
|Article:TECH177107|||||Created: 2011-12-16|||||Updated: 2012-07-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH177107|
Where and which are the restart settings options in the SEPM 12.1 console.
Note: This does not apply to the installation settings!
Note: Settings not applicable to Symantec Endpoint Security client versions 11.x and older.
Client versions before 12.x do not support most of the restart options that are available in this version of Symantec Endpoint Protection. For instance, scheduled restart, hard restart, and auto restart are not supported by client versions before 12.x. Clients older than the 12.x version support only the Prompt and No Prompt options.
1. Open the SEPM console
2. Got to the Clients > select the client group > Policies (tab)
3. Under Location-independent Policies and Settings > click General Settings
4. Under the Restart Settings (tab) have the following options:
- Forced restart
- Delayed restart
- No restart
- Custom restart
Restart client computer
- Up to this time
Randomize the start time to be + or - <hours> hours
- No prompt
- Prompt with a countdown of <minutes> minutes
- Prompt and allow user to delay restart until:
Restart message: <Custom message>
- Hard restart
- Restart immediately if the user is not logged in
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH177107