Error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)" When launching Backup Exec Console
|Article:TECH178211|||||Created: 2012-01-04|||||Updated: 2012-12-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178211|
Error popup "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application." when launching Backup Exec Console.
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application."
Event Viewer errors may or may not be found found on the Media server. Any errors present may need to be addressed before the remaining steps in this article are performed.
Attempts to run SGmon to diagnose the issue may result in the same error message.
A repair or reinstallation of .Net Framework can be performed as it will sometimes resolve the issue
If no Event Viewer messages are found and .NET did not resolve the issue proceed with the following:
1. Stop the BE SQL service and all Backup Exec services.
2. Make a copy of the Data and Catalog folder at Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec.
3. Perform Repair installation of Backup Exec.
4. Reboot the server and check the BE console.
If the issue persists, proceed with step 5.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Backup Exec.
6. Stop the BE SQL and Backup Exec services.
7. Copy in the Catalog and Data folder from the old installation after renaming the existing ones.
8. Start the BE SQL and Backup Exec services, and then launch the BE console.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178211