Known Issue: Deselecting an OU for import also unchecks the OU immediately above it
|Article:TECH178704|||||Created: 2012-01-11|||||Updated: 2012-10-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178704|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Cannot select an upper level OU without all sub OUs being automatically checked. Also, cannot uncheck a lower level OU without unchecking the OU right above it.
So in the case of:
This issue only appears in ServiceDesk 7.1 sp2.
This issue is addressed in Workflow 7.1 SP2 MP2, Workflow 7.5 and newer (and the ServiceDesk versions based on these).
As a workaround, use LDAP user query:
- Open the ServiceDesk ProcessManager.
- Go to Admin > Active Directory > Sync Profiles.
- Click the action icon for the profile you want to use and click Edit AD Sync Profile.
- Click Next.
- Select the Specify LDAP Queries radio button.
- Click the LDAP Query List User button.
- The default entry will be in the form “LDAP://server.domain.com/OU=<OU to import,DC=domain,DC=com” modify this with the specific OU ‘and any/all parent OU’s’.
For example LDAP://ADserver.com/OU=baseOU,OU=parentOU,OU=nextparentOU,DC=domain,DC=com.
When editing or creating AD Sync Profiles, you cannot deselect a Child OU without also deselecting the Parent OU.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178704