PGP Portable End of Life
|Article:TECH179156|||||Created: 2012-01-17|||||Updated: 2013-06-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179156|
Symantec Corporation will be discontinuing the availability of Symantec™ PGP Portable. This article details the key dates that are of importance to you.
End of Life: As of February 6, 2012, Symantec Corporation will begin to End of Life (“EOL”) the product(s) identified in this notification, including any Maintenance Packs and/or patches for each version, in all released languages.
End of Availability: End of Availability will be August 6, 2012. At this time, no additional product licenses will be available for purchase.
Standard Support: Provided the customer maintains a current maintenance contract for the products, Symantec will provide Standard Support for issues at all severity levels until August 6, 2014.
Partial Support: Partial Support begins on August 6, 2014. Our technical support engineers may provide you with known fixes/patches/workarounds, existing Maintenance Packs, or information from our Technical Knowledge Base in response to your request for assistance.
End of Support Life: As of January 15, 2017, Symantec will cease providing any and all levels of Standard Support or Partial Support, for all versions of Symantec PGP Portable.
Customers with current maintenance/support on Symantec PGP Portable are entitled to migrate to Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition free of charge as part of your maintenance/support subscription for supported licenses.
Symantec Endpoint Encryption Removable Storage Edition provides the following capabilities to prevent unauthorized access to information stored on removable storage devices:
- Centrally-managed automatic, on-demand, and content-driven encryption of removable storage (note that Content-driven encryption requires integration with Symantec DLP Endpoint FlexResponse. Symantec DLP is licensed separately).
- Extensive device and media support, including external hard drives, flash drives, CD/DVD media, floppy drives, and flash memory modules.
- In-built CD/DVD authoring application for creating encrypted optical media.
- Policy-controlled, zero-footprint Access Utility for seamless access to encrypted removable storage media on systems without client software, such as a home computer or business partner system.
- Policy-based control for file type and device exclusions.
- Support for self-decrypting archives for secure, one-way distribution of encrypted files.
To learn more about this new product release, please visit: go.symantec.com/encryption
For more information regarding Content Updates or the services provided in Standard Support or Partial Support, please refer to the Symantec Enterprise Technical Support Policy at the link below or contact your Symantec Account Manager:
We also recommend that you periodically check our website for End of Life and End of Support Life information for your specific Licensed Software.
Symantec is committed to helping our customers achieve success with their Symantec solutions. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact your Symantec Partner or your Symantec Corporation Account Manager.
Thank you for using Symantec products.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179156