Enterprise Vault Storage Service does not stay running. Event log shows "The TaskController failed launch the AgentClientBroker.Exe with the following error 0x8000401a, the service will shut down "
|Article:TECH180100|||||Created: 2012-01-27|||||Updated: 2012-12-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180100|
When running the Backup Exec Agent for Enterprise Vault after a reboot or a restart of all Backup Exec services, the Enterprise Vault Storage Service will start successfully, but will stop shortly thereafter.
Source: Enterprise Vault
Category: Task Controller Service
The TaskController failed launch the AgentClientBroker.Exe with the following error 0x8000401a, the service will shut down
These issues can be caused if the Vault Service Account password has become corrupt.
1. In the Backup Exec GUI menu, select "Tools | Backup Exec Services | Service Credentials"
2. Select "Change service account information" and enter "User name", "Domain name", "New password" and "Confirm password" . Do not change the password, simply enter the existing password for the account.
3. Select "OK" to make the changes in the Backup Exec database
4. Respond "OK" to the warning that "The user name or password for the Backup Exec Services account has changed. You must restart the Backup Exec services for the new change to take effect."
5. Restart all Backup Exec services by selecting "Restart all services".
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180100