Unable to repair Veritas Operations Manager (Host Component) on ApplicationHA
|Article:TECH180149|||||Created: 2012-01-29|||||Updated: 2012-01-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180149|
On Windows platform, failed to repair Veritas Operations Manager (Host Component) on all of ApplicationHA components (ApplicationHA Console, guest components, and SRM component) even following the steps mentioned on Installation and Upgrade Guide.
Chapter 4 Repairing Symantec ApplicationHA installation
3 On the Mode Selection panel, click Repair and then click Next.
4 Click OK on the dialog box that prompts you to repair the Veritas OperationsManager (Host Component).
You must repair the VOM host component before you proceed. From Windows
Add or Remove Programs, select Veritas Operations Manager (Host
Component) and click Change to launch the installer. Then follow the installer
steps to complete the repair.
Refer to VOM documentation for more information.
In Step 4, that requests to click Change.
However, after clicking it, VOM Setup Wizard starts, and it finally fails the repair with the following error.
The Veritas Operations Manager(VRTSsfmh) installed by ApplicationHA 6.0 and 5.1SP2 does not support repair option.
Follow the procedure below instead of repairing:
1. On VOM Management Server Console, remove the Guest OS host.
2. On the Guest OS, from "Windows Add or Remove Programs", uninstall Veritas Operations Manager (Host Component).
3. Use Symantec ApplicationHA software package media, to install an appropriate package:
- For 32bit Windows OS: \Pkgs\Common\VRTSsfmh.msi
- For 64bit Windows OS: \Pkgs\Common\x64\VRTSsfmh.msi
4. Add this Guest OS host on VOM Management Server Console.
Note1: Step 1 and 4 can be skipped, if you are not using VOM.
Note2: Regarding step 1 and 4, refer to VOM documentation for more information.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180149