SMP Console not accessible from remote computers
|Article:TECH180826|||||Created: 2012-02-06|||||Updated: 2012-07-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180826|
SMP Console does not load from remote clients but works when loading it from a server browser (localhost address)
'Error 401 Unauthorized' error on the browser when attempting to load the Symantec Management Console from a remote client.
Constant Prompting for credentials despite inputting the correct ones.
This can be attributed to a few issues:
- Incorrect login credentials on IIS disallowing remote users
- Obsolete DNS host settings from the client PC.
- Change of NS server ID (Domain Name) after a rebuilt.
- Verify IIS credentials such as the anonymous user account.
- Make sure that the client PC is able to ping the server by domain name. You can also try to access the console by IP address (eg http://0.0.0.0/Altiris/Console/)
- Make sure that the Domain Name of the Server has not been previously altered.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180826