How to test Active Directory synchronization with SEE FD 8.2?
|Article:TECH181341|||||Created: 2012-02-13|||||Updated: 2012-03-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH181341|
How can I test Active Directory synchronization with SEE FD 8.2?
Testing AD Synchronization
In order to verify the proper functioning of the Active Directory synchronization service, perform the following steps:
1. Create a new computer object in Active Directory.
2. Access the Symantec Endpoint Encryption database using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (part of
an optional install of tools for SQL Server 2005) using system administrator-level privileges, and verify that the
newly created computer object in present in the dbo.ADComputers table of the SEEMSdb database.
3. Delete the new computer you just created.
4. Either wait for synchronization to occur, or force synchronization to take place using the Configuration Manager.
5. Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, verify that the newly created computer object has been deleted
from the dbo.ADComputers table of the SEEMSdb database.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH181341