Logon failed for user" “. The user is not associated with a trusted sql server connection.
|Article:TECH181402|||||Created: 2012-02-14|||||Updated: 2012-07-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH181402|
This error can be seen while querying the MS SQL Servers 2005 from CCS RMS data collection .
Logon failed for user". The user is not associated with a trusted sql server connection
CCS 10.5 ( RMS) data collection . MS SQL Server 2005 .
1.One of the reasons for this error can be if one of the pre-requisites for querying MS SQL Server from bv-control for MS SQL Server is not met .
2.Also if the credentials used to query the target SQL Server are improper.
- The pre-requisite for querying the MS SQL Server 2005 from the RMS data collection is to install the SQLDMO.DLL (SQL Distributed Management Object) in the Bindview Information Server ( BVIS) .You can install the component either separately or through the Redist folder in the CCS_DataCollection folder on the DVD.
- In some cases , even if the DLL is installed , there is a possibility that the dll is not registered with the registry of the Operating System .
- To register the dll with the registry , follow the below mentioned steps :
- Once the above mentioned steps are completed , try re-registering the MS SQL Server 2005 to the bv-control for MS SQL Server snap-in in RMS using the configuration wizard . Or if already registered , try re-executing the data source query again .
5. If step 1 to 4 doesnt work , then verify that the credentials used to query the target SQL Server are proper. If the password for the useraccount is fed wrongly in the credential database for the specific SQL Server , the error will persist .
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH181402