pcAnywhere TECH182142 hotfix installation package for CMS and ITMS
|Article:TECH182676|||||Created: 2012-02-29|||||Updated: 2012-03-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182676|
About the pcAnywhere TECH182142 hotfix installation package for CMS and ITMS
This installation package for CMS and ITMS provides a simplified way to rollout the TECH182142 hotfix on computers located in a CMS or ITMS environment.
This installation package supports the following versions of the ITMS and CMS suites:
- 7.1 SP1
- 7.1 SP2
The following are the known issues with this installation package:
- On ITMS 7.1, Managed Delivery policies that are created after installing this installation package can be enabled without specifying a schedule.
- The filter “pcAnywhere computers with TECH182142 installed” can’t be deleted in the Symantec Management Console. If you need to delete this filter, please contact technical support for more information.
- After you uninstall the TECH182142 hotfix from a computer, the computer still shows up in the “pcAnywhere computers with TECH182142 installed” filter.
- If you launch this installation package on a computer without the Notification Server installed, the TECH182142 hotfix will still be installed on the computer. However, the package containing server resources will not be installed.
Installing the TECH182142 hotfix using the installation package
After you install this hotfix package, the hotfix rollout is performed via Managed Delivery policies that were created during the hotfix package installation.
To install the installation package
When you install the installation package included with this article, the TECH182142 hotfix is automatically installed on the computer with the Notification Server installed.
- Install the installation package file included with this article on a computer with the Notification Server installed.
Note: Software Management Solution is required to distribute the hotfix in an ITMS infrastructure. The package will not work if only the Symantec Management Platform and pcAnywhere are installed. For more information on the Software Management Solution, see the article at the following URL:
The following resources are created on the Notification Server after installing the hotfix package:
- The software release “pcAnywhere TECH182142 - English (United States),” based on the Symantec pcAnywhere TECH182142 hotfix msi package.
- The Managed Delivery policy “Install pcAnywhere TECH182142,” which installs the hotfix on client computers. By default, the policy is targeted to Windows computers that have the pcAnywhere plug-in and that do not already have the TECH182142 hotfix installed.
- The Managed Delivery policy “Uninstall pcAnywhere TECH182142,” which uninstalls the hotfix from client computers. By default, the policy is targeted to Windows computers that have the pcAnywhere plug-in and that do not already have the TECH182142 hotfix installed.
- The filter “pcAnywhere computers with TECH182142 installed” that contains Windows computers with the pcAnywhere TECH182142 hotfix installed.
To install the TECH182142 hotfix
Perform the following steps on all client computers in your environment.
- Open Symantec Management Console and click Manage > Policies.
- In Policies, expand Software > Managed Software Delivery and select the “Install pcAnywhere TECH182142” policy.
- Specify a compliance schedule and enable the policy. The policy will be received by Windows computers that have the pcAnywhere plug-in and that do not already have the TECH182142 hotfix installed. The TECH182142 hotfix will be installed during the next client configuration update.
Other things to know
If you need to reapply the TECH182142 hotfix on client computers after an ITMS upgrade, complete the following steps:
- Uninstall the TECH182142 hotfix from all client computers using the “Uninstall pcAnywhere TECH182142” Managed Delivery policy.
- Manually assign the “Install pcAnywhere TECH182142” Managed Delivery policy to all computers that the hotfix was uninstalled from
- Reassign the hotfix to all client computers using the “Install pcAnywhere TECH182142” Managed Delivery policy.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182676