Unable to upgrade Task Server to latest build i.e ITMS 7.1 SP2
|Article:TECH183128|||||Created: 2012-03-06|||||Updated: 2012-03-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183128|
Customer is unable to upgrade TS after ITMS 7.1 SP2 upgrade.
Altiris Client Task Server Agent 7.1.8280
As a result customer is unable to get all task completion as success.
All clients assigned to old build Task Server (TS) get task failure even though client computer runs the job successfully.
Confirmed in client logs.
Manually running the TS installer file results in the following error.
Altiris Packager Self- Extracting Executable Verion 2.0: Unable to create or write to the output file.
.net 2.0 was installed
Missing - Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5
1. Please make sure all task Server upgrade policies are turned on & have a schedule for retries.
a) SMP COnsole > Settings > Agents/Plug-ins > Symantec Management Agent > Windows > Site Server >
Symantec Management Agent for Windows x86 (Site Server Only) - Upgrade to 32-bit Symantec Management Agent 7.1
b) SMP COnsole > Settings > Notification Server > Site Server Settings > Task Service > Advanced > Task Service Upgrade (x86)
2. Try to run the TaskServerSetup.exe file manually
<install path>\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\Client Task Management\Server Package
3. If the above option fails please make sure that you have covered all the pre-requisites required for ITMS 7.1 SP2 Task Server installation.
The requirements for task server computers are as follows:
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5
- Minimum supported operating systems are Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 SP2,
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Symantec Management Agent
Title: What are the Prerequisites for Task Server ITMS 7.1 SP2
Title: Installing Task Server in IIS 7.0 or 7.5
Title: Symantec™ Management Platform 7.1 SP2 User Guide
Title: Symantec Management Platform and Altiris Solutions Support Matrix
Section: Site Server, Page 8
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183128