Unable to edit collection using custom security role
|Article:TECH18374|||||Created: 2006-09-04|||||Updated: 2009-06-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH18374|
Users cannot add resources to collections when using custom security role rights. It is only possible with Administrator rights.
Notification Server 6.0 SP3, Helpdesk Solution 6.0 SP5
The necessary rights are not configured.
1. Open the Altiris Console.
2. On the Reports tab expand Notification Server Infrastructure -> Server -> Resource Reports.
3. Right-click Computers and select Properties; a new browser window opens.
4. Click the Security tab.
5. Click Add. The Role Selection dialog appears.
6. Select the role for which you need to add permissions and then click Select. The permissions selection dialog appears.
7. Mark the appropriate permissions and then click Select, then Apply.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH18374