SharePoint Redirected restore steps for Backup Exec 2012
|Article:TECH183772|||||Created: 2012-03-14|||||Updated: 2014-03-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183772|
Backup Exec 2012 Redirected Sharepoint Restores
- Allows individual item restores to alternative SharePoint destinations.
- Destination can be site collection , sub-site or list / library .
- Offers the ability to restore from a Sharepoint Full , Differential or Incremental backup set.
- During the restore it will allow to redirect the restore to a Server Farm, Web Application, Site Collection or Sub-site.
- Restoring from an incremental or differential set it does not require selection of the previous full backup.
- Backup Exec will restore all the sets needed for the restore.
- Same SharePoint Farm as the source or a different SharePoint Farm.
- No longer limited to redirecting only to a file path.
- Supported only for SharePoint 2007 or higher.
- Full URL to the destination site must be specified .
- The source site will be created at the specified destination , not under it .
Sharepoint Redirected Restore Target limitations
The following are steps to perform a Sharepoint redirected restore.
2- Select Microsoft SharePoint Server data then click next in order to proceed with the restore . (Figure 2)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183772