Unable to select custom data class to use in a Data Connector Import Rule
|Article:TECH184036|||||Created: 2012-03-16|||||Updated: 2012-03-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184036|
When setting up a Data Connector import rule, a custom data class is unable to be found to be selected. It does not appear in the "Data class mappings" nor does it appear when "Select data classes" list of available, related data classes is searched.
The custom data class has not been assigned to a resource, or the resource specified by the data connector rule is not the resource the custom data class was assigned to.
Assign the custom data class to the resource being used by the Import Rule to be able to then select it using the "Select data class" list of available, related data classes.
- In the Symantec Management Platform Console, click on the Settings button > All Settings.
- Click to expand Service and Asset Management > Resource and Data Class Settings > Resource Types.
- Locate and click on the resource to add the custom data class to. For example, Asset Types > IT > Computer.
- Click on the "Add data class" button.
- Locate and click on (add a checkmark to) the custom data class to add.
- Click on the Save Changes button of the Items Selector window.
- The custom data class now appears in the Data Classes section. Note: Custom data classes can be removed by clicking on the red "X" button next to them. Out of box data classes cannot be removed.
- Click on the "Save changes" button.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184036