Enterprise Vault backup selections shows site as empty or 'none' when site name has special character in it
|Article:TECH184506|||||Created: 2012-03-22|||||Updated: 2012-05-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184506|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Backup selections for Enterprise Vault (EV) data fail to enumerate beyond site level in Backup Exec if the site name has a special character like () in it.
1. Rename bedsev.dll on following servers:
- Backup Exec server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec)
- Enterprise Vault server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS)
- SQL server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS)
Put EV services in Read Only mode. Refer to technote www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66742 for procedure to put EV services in backup mode.
Now run remote agent based backups to backup EV data and Microsoft SQL agent to backup EV databases.
2. Rename EV site and remove special character from the site name. Please contact EV technical support team for procedure on how to rename EV site.
EV: Fail to enumerate backup selections beyond site level when site name has () in it
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184506