Symantec Endpoint Encryption Error 1053: The service didn't respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
|Article:TECH184759|||||Created: 2012-03-26|||||Updated: 2013-05-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184759|
Symantec Endpoint Encryption Active Directory Sync Service fails to start in the SEE Configuration Manager.
Error 1053: The service didn't respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Applicable to all the environments housing the SEE Architecture (Active Directory and SQL)
The SEE Active Directory Sync Service is timing out due to lesser Time-Out value. This could happen if the SEE Server has very low resources and is running very slow. You will find that the SEE Management Server/Framework/FullDisk takes a very long time to complete the installation or boot the Server to the Desktop.
Solution #1 - Edit registry settings on the Windows Server housing your SEE Manager
1. On your Windows Server, use regedit to browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control.
2. After expanding Control, right click in the right pane of Registry Editor and choose 'New' and then 'DWORD'.
3. Type ServicesPipeTimeout to replace New Value #1.
4. Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry and then click Modify. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box will appear.
5. In the Value data text box, type 90000 (Decimal). Click OK. Close the Registry.
6. Reboot the SEE Server. If successful, the SEE AD Sync Service will now be started
Solution #2 (to be followed the first solution did not work)
1. On your same Windows Server, open Services and right click on "SEE Active Directory Sync Service" and select Properties
2. Select the "Log On" tab
3. If the current setting for "Log on as" is set to Local System Account change it to "This account" and provide credentals
4. Select OK to close then restart the SEE AD Sync Service
5. If successful, the SEE AD Sync Service will now be started
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH184759